A guest post scam is when a website owner agrees to publish a guest post on their website in exchange for payment, but then either doesn’t publish the post or publishes it with little to no promotion. To spot a guest post scam, you can look for the following red flags:
- The website owner asks for payment up front without providing any clear details about how the post will be promoted or published.
- The website owner offers to publish your post on a large number of websites for a low price, which is not realistic.
- The website owner claims to have a large audience or high domain authority, but their website does not have much traffic or a high ranking in search engines.
- The website owner does not provide any guidelines or requirements for the guest post, or their guidelines are very lax.
- The website owner does not provide any information about their editorial process or how they will promote the guest post.
If you encounter any of these red flags, it’s best to avoid working with that website owner and find another opportunity for publishing your guest post.